Thursday, May 6, 2010

Letting it All Hang Out...

So it's been really bothering me that I can't go into the juicy details of my goings on on my blog. I figured there had to be a way to make it private so that I could just lay things out and let anyone who is interested in knowing know. Hopefully it won't be for too much longer that I have to keep this so hidden from "public" (i.e. Facebook).

Just briefly, for those who are new to this news, I'm engaged to a Tibetan man named Lama Karma Rinchen and am in the process of applying for his fiance visa to come here. So far, it's been approved by TWO of the three offices!! *Hooray* Now he's waiting to get information from the American Embassy in New Delhi where they'll call him in for an interview. Karma is still living at his monastery, which is why I can't let the cat out of the bag before the time is right...

Also, for those of you who don't know, I'm going back to India. This is the primary reason I wanted to privatize my blog, so I can post updates and photos. :) This is really exciting for me (& Karma!)- it's been over a year since we've seen each other. Every time I imagine our reunion I get teary-eyed and so filled with gratitude and joy....not to mention nerves and the noise of the New Delhi airport arrival area (i.e. pure chaos). I can pretty much guarantee I'll cry. In fact, I'd put money on it.

I'll be there from May 28-July 2 and we're planning to evacuate from Delhi as quickly as possible because it's literally the inner ring of hell this time of year, 100 or higher everyday. A layer of black film from pollution will stick to the immense amounts of sweat you'll be inevitably pouring out and, unless you're lucky, you'll have "loose motions" as the Indians put it or "Delhi belly" as western travelers do. It's too bad because I actually like the city.

Anyways, Karma will be on holiday the whole time I'm there, so we're heading for the mountains in the state of Himachal Pradesh to the cities of Rewalsar (Tso Pema in Tibetan), Manali and Dharmasala....unless Karma gets called to New Delhi...then we'll be dancing in that ring of fire (hopefully with a/c).

In the meantime, I'm heading back to VA (May 17-25) to visit family, friends, and see Rinpoche teach. My cousin Lindsay is getting married and, naturally, it's causing me to think about my own wedding. I'm trying not to get that far ahead of myself. When and if Karma's visa is approved, we'll only have 90 days to get hitched, so it won't be anything fancy (maybe we'll have a ceremony at a later date? That would make me happy!) It's surreal that after this long year, things are manifesting as they are.

I wouldn't change a moment of time I've spend here in Berkeley alone. I've loved having this time to get settled and make a life here. I love it, I love my friends and Sangha...I'm so immensely grateful to everyone in my life who, perhaps didn't even know, has helped me get through some really down times when I felt unbelievably lonely. I've learned that being alone can be really satisfying and that I don't need to be with someone to enjoy the life that is in front of me right now. I do want to share this beautiful life and want to grow in love and share it with the world and that's beautiful.

This life is blessed.





4 comments:

E. Chloe Lauer said...

Thanks for inviting me! So happy for you and your love...can't wait to meet him and have him join our dharma circle. Wishing you so many joys and blessings on your journeys, and happy our paths have crossed. (I have a blog, too. http://zestforlifetoday.blogspot.com)

Kathleen Pratt said...

So, so happy for you C-la. I rejoice in your and Karma's happiness, and pray you have a long fruitful union. For the benefit of all beings! Oh yeah, and that you have lots (or at least one or two) beautiful little hybrid Buddha babies to bring even greater joy to this world -- and to your hearts. Love, K.

Louisa said...

So, are you keeping your place in Berkeley?

Caroline said...

Thanks for the love & support!! Louisa- I am. My landlord said not to worry about rent for the month of June..how rad is that?? =)