Friday, May 28, 2010

The Eve of Departure

I am emerging from a cyclone of a day and will be in bed shortly, but wanted to do a quick post before going to bed.

I'm waking up early tomorrow (Friday) to start my 24 hour journey to New Delhi.

This trip is so different from the last time I went to India and I'm feeling so many things now (mostly excitement and anxiousness). This time around I'm really looking forward to coming back to the amazing life I have carved out here. I love my friends, home, job, studies, sangha....

It's strange to think that I could be coming back with Karma or that he could be joining me shortly after I return. I've wanted to share my life with him for so long, it seems like a distant dream. I will only believe it when it actually happens. :) I'm doing my best to stay in THIS moment!

I felt a sudden urge last Sunday to email the US Embassy in New Delhi just to see where Karma's letter was (to set up an interview time). They said they'd sent it 3 weeks ago! So they emailed me the paperwork and I can help him with it when I get there. We'll deliver it in person....I hope showing up in person together helps our case. I also pray that we can leave New Delhi ASAP...it's about 115 degrees there now.

Tonight's full moon is so amazing...it gave me a flashback to standing in the mountains of Himachal Pradesh (the state I'm going to again)...those sunsets are stunning, too.

I'm SO ready to walk off that plane, touch foreheads with my beloved (traditional Tibetan greeting), and feel his hand in mine...not to mention a few other things (hi, Mom!). hehe

Today is the Buddhist holiday that commemorates the Buddha's enlightenment & passing away and I feel the energy around that (and the full moon) feeding my already energetic state.

Okay, I'm off to bed. I hope the next time I post it's in a hot, New Delhi, Internet cafe. I can almost smell the (many) smells of India!

<3

No comments: