Sunday, May 30, 2010

Reunion

Well, I made it.

It was a looong 24 hours of travel, which included many movies and reading Three Cups of Tea (great book, btw), but Karma and I finally saw each other after 14 months.

He was waiting right at the top of the arrival ramp where I'd hoped he'd be (despite having to wait an extra 2 hours for me to come through customs & wait a long time for my bag)...it was funny to see him standing there in track pants & a t-shirt and not his robes. I couldn't stop laughing for like 5 minutes. I think it was nerves & exhaustion. After my shock subsided and we rode back to the Tibetan colony in New Delhi (called Manjukatilla), it was like no time had passed since we'd seen each other, yet we had spent the last year together. It hasn't been awkward even for a moment and I feel like the last year we've been forced to only get to know each other via phone has been such a blessing. It feels like he's always been in my life (and my beliefs are that we've found each other in other lives, too).

We've been hibernating for the last 24 hours in the comfort of our room with a/c watching Chinese soaps (dubbed in Tibetan), Bollywood music videos, cheezy American movies on HBO (finally saw Twilight- team Edward all the way! LOL) and ordering room service of Tibetan & Indian food. It's seriously awesome. It's probably the most expensive place we'll stay this month, all for about $10/night. I LOVE INDIA!!!

We've been working on paperwork that we will most likely hand deliver this week (maybe tomorrow) and then depending on what they say, we'll head to Dharmasala to visit some friends.

I feel so comfortable here in India and, although it's super hot, am really really glad to be here now. I'm immensely grateful for this time.

I'll try and send photos soon. Karma modeled the clothes my mom bought for him (thank, Mom!) and I must say, he looks pretty dang cute...hehehe

<3

No comments: