Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanks- Giving

Virginia is cold, grey, damp & perfect for warm, holiday festivities. I love it. I love the smell in the air, the way naked trees line the slate-colored sky when you look up, the bed of multi-colored leaves that cover the ground...it's all familiar and beautiful.

Home is family and food and lots of hugs. My bed feels snugglicious and cozy. My parent's dog remembers me. Old friends say hello. It's all nostalgic & comforting.

I don't long to stay here, but enjoy the moments I am here. I have appreciation for each moment I am here, each person who crosses my path.

I think of all the people I have had relationships with in this life, the tapestry is so interwoven, I couldn't pull out a single, small thread without changing the big picture. I love each of those "threads" for whatever it was/is.

I have joy in my heart- so much joy I want to explode into a ball of light and shine in everyone's heart until they see that they have the same light in theirs, then they'd burst into a ball of light, too. We'd all be radiating love in every direction. That would be truly giving thanks.

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

you are wonderful!! i hope we can interlude when you come back in dec????

Caroline said...

Um, yes please!! I'll be back from 12/22-12/29 :)