Sunday, November 8, 2009

November Reflections

I realized I've been back in the US longer than the length of time I spent in India. I was in India for 6 1/2 months and I've been back for 7+. It's weird thing to think about. My time there was so disconnected from "western" life that it seems like I was there for much longer. It's amazing how quickly the time has passed since arriving back on 3/31.

Before I left India I decided to really make an effort to stay open minded about the whole transition. I didn't want to criticize the US for being the way it is, nor seem obsessed with India after my time there. I don't know if I've actually accomplished that. I think I talk about it more than I'd like, but that's just the way it is. I fell in love there and I carry it with me.

My life here in the Bay area is continually expanding. I've finally had to start saying no to people because I'm just too busy. When I first got here I wanted to do everything and meet everyone (& I still do), but I don't want to spread myself thin, nor dig shallow holes. I want my effort to be worthwhile- wherever it is directed.

I am still in awe of this beautiful land and have so much left to explore. I went sailing on the Bay yesterday- it was so amazing.

Downtown SF

Marin County

I get in these moods where I can't decide if I'm happy or not and then I just laugh. It's so ridiculous that I would even consider that. Of course, happiness is a choice and inherent to everyone, but sometimes seems out of reach for no reason at all. Like, a whole array of diamonds could be spread before you and you would see them as normal rocks...It's time to wake up already.



No comments: