In the silence of mind you are in solitude, yet surrounded by company. The mind twists and turns to avoid anything but being completely present, in the present. There are moments of frustration and also, complete joy...and sometimes just being completely ordinary.
The space itself was amazing. Redwood trees so tall and majestic and being at the top of the mountain, every morning you'd look down on the blanket of fog that laid gently on the city below.
I bathed in a roofless shower by moonlight and was woken every night by a shadow-mobile of moonlit foliage, quietly spinning in the ceiling of my tent.
There were many tears and an amazing kinship built in the fortress of silence. The teachers were the pillars holding this unique constellation in orbit.
Now, I will slowly reenter my life here in Berkeley and sit whenever I don't know what else to do.
For now, that's all. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment