Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Winter Feast for the Soul 2010

I've signed up to participate in this 40 day practice commitment, not limited to Buddhists, but open to all traditions and the whole world! It starts on January 15th.

If you're interested in signing up, here's the link: http://winterfeastforthesoul.com/

Here's a video with the history & idea behind it:

The event began when a woman was inspired by this three-line poem by the 13th century poet and mystic, Jelaluddin Rumi:

“What nine months does for the embryo
Forty early mornings
Will do for your growing awareness”

My teacher, Anam Thubten Rinpoche, is one of the many participating teachers for this amazing opportunity to practice prayer & meditation for 40 minutes per day, for 40 days. I've added this audio player to my page that will have all of his daily, guided meditations. They are 15 minutes long, then we're encouraged to continue sitting for 30 minutes.
There are other teachers from various traditions on the website that will also have guided prayer & meditation sessions.

I've been so easily distracted in the mornings lately and am eager to commit to this and sit. I'll keep you updated on how it's going. :)

LOVE <3


No comments: