After being at my Monday night meditation group, I realized that community is very prominent in my life these days.
Here are some communities that I'm involved in:
- I live in a community house with Joe, Ngawang & most recently, Tsomo, Ngawang's girlfriend. Joe's girlfriend, Joy, also spends most weekends here.
- I am part of a Dharma community at Anam Thubten Rinpoche's temple.
- My Tibetan classes are a small, but wonderful communities (both the class I take & the one I teach)
- San Francisco Young Adult Meditators (my Monday night group where I've met most of my friends)
- Young Adult Dharma Council (a lot of crossover from Monday night's group), meets monthly
- Working for Awakening Joy has opened up a much larger community, both through the course and through James (Baraz, my boss)
- The Kind Life forum has become a frequent place I visit to receive & give advice on vegan cooking & eco-friendly living
- Facebook has connected me to old friends, acquaintances, & family
- James' Thursday night meditation group, Berkeley Insight.
There's something so wonderful about connecting with other people that have common interests. There are so many amazing groups in the Bay area that I want to visit, especially Dharma groups, meditation groups, etc...
I think the one community I'm lacking is a gym, which I want to sign up for tomorrow (thanks, Mom). I'm also really interested in planting a garden, so perhaps I can find a group of eco-friendly gardeners/farmers to learn from- this is my first time doing this.
My life is so full of wonderful things. I am so grateful. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment