Sunday, June 14, 2009

LA LA Land

I landed in LA last Friday morning.  My cousin, Neela, graduated from Cal State on Saturday and I've been hanging with my grandparents, mom, aunt and cousins all weekend.  Today I finally caught up with my friend, Anthony, whom I know from Austin.  We couldn't believe it had been 2 years since we last saw each other...

I've eaten myself through the weekend, failed daily at my attempt to give up dairy...I'm such a sucker for frozen yogurts, Indian chai & milky desserts....I did survive eating vegan pizza over cheese yesterday, it was hard!  I'm not trying to be "vegan," BUT I seem to feel less bloated, etc, when I'm not eating lactose.  *sigh*

Tomorrow will be my last day in LA and then I'll head back to Berkeley Tuesday morning....NoCal seems so far away from here.  LA is it's own little culture and I have to say, I'm not too into it.  The weather and beach are so beautiful, but the materialism and superficiality aren't my favorite.  I saw a boy at Yogurtland tonight who was so skinny and fashionable and was insecurely pulling his shirt down, how I have soo many times in my life.....I made eye contact with him and smiled and he looked so nervous.  I wanted to hold his hand and tell him that he has everything inside himself that he will ever need to make him happy....


No comments: