I was sitting in the grass all nestled on my blanket, just meditating. It was in the evening about 5 o'clock...no one around me. I was meditating with my eyes open, but focused towards the ground. About 10 minutes later, I noticed a long line of people filing into the grassy area where I was, but I really focused on not looking up and getting distracted. I assumed it was a field trip of students, there are a lot of those at this particular site. So, I just sat and stayed focused.
I had this feeling that they were looking at me...that burning feeling of embarrassment started to creep up the back of my neck, but I stayed focused. Then, the line of people started filing back out of the grassy area. When they were almost gone, a bright flash when off right in front of me. Someone took my picture! I couldn't help it, I looked up and smiled. That was it. Everything started going crazy! It was a class of high school girls and their teachers. I heard them speak in Hindi, but then heard the word, "statue," and I started laughing uncontrollably. Next thing I know, I'm surrounded by a group of about 50 high school girls in uniforms. I'm still sitting on my blanket. They're circled around me, standing. All staring at me, smiling and laughing. I have my sunglasses on and I'm laughing so hard that I'm crying. Tears are streaming down my face. People are posing to have their photos taken with me. Groups of girls are gathering around me. One teacher even sat cross-legged next to me, to imitate me and I just laughed through every single photo. Then, they got up and left...and I returned to my meditation.
:)
1 comment:
This is hilarious. I can just see your smiling laughing face. It has always made me so happy. I can see why the girls wanted to be near you :)
Post a Comment