Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane....

Well, it's really coming down to the wire here. It's Thursday AM here. I'm back in Dehra Dun (where I took the Tibetan lang. course for 3 months). I had to come back to get my big suitcase. I ended up giving most of my clothes to my friends and the monks & nuns. They're totally worn out after living here and hand washing (which I totally suck at)...nothing white was white, nor will ever be again.

Anyways, I arrived here on Monday night after 24 hours of travel from Sarnath. I took the train from Sarnath (well, Varanasi, but close) to Delhi. My friend, Ztefan (Sweden) and I rode together. He's totally cool...that's the only way to describe him. He's a professional photographer and is making a book of Tibetan Lamas photos.
Then, once in Delhi, I took the bus to Dehra Dun. It took 2 hours longer than they said, but I have a great book, so no worries!

Tuesday I chilled out at the Library- I'm staying in the same room- yay!
Wednesday I went to the Tibetan colony, Clement Town, for the best Tibetan food around! Momos (veggie dumplings) and Tingmo (steamed bread). Mmmmm....

Tonight (Thursday) I'm going BACK to Delhi. Actually, I'm hoping not to stay there, but to keep going to Agra, where, yes, the Taj Mahal is. I'm going to see it and I'm excited! I'm traveling to Delhi with my American friend, Nellie (Annapolis, MD). She's going to Delhi to take a plane to Kathmandu. I'm jealous! I want to go with her, not back to Virginia! Well, that's not totally true, but partially.

I'm feeling bittersweet about going home. There are so many people I want to see and my body is totally ready to be healthy again. I've been sick on and off the last 3 months, so it's time to give it a break!

I head back late Monday/ early Tuesday (2:30 am) and land in NYC (JFK) at noon on Tuesday...I'm flying back in time! haha Then, I'm staying one night with my cousins on Long Island. I'll fly back to VA Wednesday evening, just in time for dinner with my folks.

It's hard to believe how fast time goes by...not just in India, it was the same in the States. I've really realized how precious this life is, and have set my intentions not to waste it. That's really hard because I'm lazy! Anyways, so much work to be done once I'm back State-side. I have to conquer the Tibetan language so I can start translating. I'm feeling motivated and up for the challenge, not to mention I have the amazing support of my family and Rinpoche.

I am bursting with gratitude and know there are many tears to shed through this opening process we call life. :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

I cannot WAIT to hug you!!! I have missed you so much!!!